‘Ai Pono Teen Program - Overview
The ‘Ai Pono Teen Program, located in downtown Honolulu, is an intensive outpatient treatment program (IOP) for adolescent females. It is a dynamic program of recovery for teens struggling with anorexia, bulimia, and related eating disorders that provides comprehensive care for those whose lives have spun out-of-control as a result of their obsessions with food, weight, dieting, and exercise. It provides education and support for parents and family members of teens struggling with eating disorders.
‘Ai Pono Teen Program
- Offers a flexible late afternoon/evening schedule that helps to minimize disruption of school, work, or family activities.
- Addresses the social, medical, and nutritional factors in eating disorders.
- Helps teens make the kinds of personal, social, and behavioral changes necessary to overcome their disordered eating patterns.
- Provides family support and education
- Teaches the skills necessary for long-term, lasting recovery
- Is an alternate choice for those for those needing a level of care higher than individual outpatient; and who would like to prevent off-island residential or hospital care.